Thursday, November 09, 2017

My Creative Scrapbook | November Tutorial-Love Snuggle




Hi My Creative Scrapbook Fans! Today I have a layout to share with you, using the plastic stencil from this month's main kit!  I used the stencil to create a textured background known as Dry Embossing, this technique is very popular in card making.

  
For this process I needed to use my Big Shot die cutting machine, which meant my cardstock had to be a specific size for me to run it through the machine. I decided on a 5 1/2 x 12 inch strip to fit both the stencil and be able run it through the Big Shot.


I then slide the cardstock through the stencil, as shown below and adhere with some washi tape.↓
               


Next, I created an embossing sandwich with my Big Shot.


1: Open tap1 in multipurpose platform 
   2: Add Big Shot clear plastic plate           
                            3: Place plastic stencil face down with cardstock on top  


4: Add rubber/silicone mat


5:  Add impression plate on top 


Run it through you Big Shot


Here's a close-up of the raised design :)    


I added some paint colors to my raised impression but you can also put the stencil back on top and use it as a mask to color in using one or as many different colors as you like!


I used the Pretty Peony patterned paper from the Heart Of Home collection as the background for my layout. I then added the strip of dry embossed paper down the middle of my page and added a thin strip of Homespun patterned paper tucked under both side, along with the lace from this month's kit. 


On the left hand corner of my photo I created a cluster using a couple of Vintage Blessings chipboard stickers, a few bits and pieces and a doily from my stash tucked underneath the photo.


I created another focal point to the right side of my photo with a tag I made and layered a couple of bits and pieces, along with a heart chipboard sticker. 

   
I finished the layout with a foil phrase sticker, combined with a cardstock sticker that I used for my title.

Thanks for stopping by :) xx Yvette 

I hope you felt inspired today and if you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment