Thursday, February 01, 2018

Lucky Me | Stuck?!Sketches February 1st Challenge




Hi Scrapping Friends! It's time for a new challenge over at Stuck?!Sketches! Here's a look at the fabulous February 1st sketch, designed my Laura Whitaker...


And here's my take on the sketch...


To create this page I used a number of Echo Park Paper older collection, which I had for a few years... 


I begin my page by selection several pieces of patterned papers from my Echo Park stash, which I then use to create a base for my photo. 

I used a free cut file from Paper Issues, which were a perfect replacement for the doily in the sketch. I love how the Heart Wreath cut file create both a frame and a focal point for my photo...

       
 For the title, I used some foam letter stickers to spell out LUCKY,  as well as a small tag to add the word ME to.  I then wrap the string around the letter Y and place the tag on an angle. At this point, I felt like the title needed something, so I decided to add the silver butterfly to sit right on top of the foam letters.

           
I created a small cluster of hearts on the bottom right-hand corner of the photo using an embossing folder as well as a pierced heart die-cut.  I created another focal point by adding a pop of color with a Flair to the top of the die-cut hearts and love the way it balance off the black in the title.

 To complete the layout, I tucked two smaller doilies underneath the layout base, one in the top right and the other in the bottom left of the page. 

Thanks for stopping by :) xx

 We'd love for you to play along with us at Stuck?!Sketches all you have to do is create a layout based on this sketch and link up your layout on the Stuck?!Sketches blog by February, 28th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our sponsors!

Prize is a $25 gift certificate.


Prize is a $20 gift Certificate. 



A beautiful love filled prize pack to our third winner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment